Student Council Tax exemption

Apply for a student Council Tax exemption

Properties occupied only by full-time students are exempt from paying Council Tax. You can apply for an exemption here.

First you need to tell us where you live by using the link below.

Apply for a Student Exemption

If you are a student at Oxford University or Oxford Brookes University we will check this information against your university’s list, so you must also update your university Student Self Service account.

You can reach the log-in areas by using the links below:

If you are a full time student but not attending these Universities then you will also need to supply us with an original student certificate in addition to applying for your student exemption above.