Properties occupied only by full-time students are exempt from Council Tax. You can apply for an exemption using the link below.

First, let us know where you live:

Apply for a Student Exemption

If you are a student at Oxford University or Oxford Brookes University, we will verify your details against your university's list. Make sure you also update your university Student Self Service account.

Access the log-in areas here:

If you are a full-time student at another institution, you must provide us with an original student certificate when applying for your exemption.

Contact the Council Tax Team

Please include your council tax account reference number when contacting us by letter or email. If you do not have an account reference number, please include your full address

Address: Oxford City Council
PO Box 10

Telephone: 01865 249811