You can complete the application form below and email it back to us at [email protected], or you can print it and send it to us at; Customer Services Applications Team, SAC 0.2, Oxford City Council, St. Aldate's Chambers, Oxford, OX1 1DS.
Before you apply you should;
- Check if you need building regulations approval for the work you want to do
- Decide what type of application you want to make:
- Full plans - This is the most thorough option. You can expect a decision within 5 weeks, or 2 months with your consent. You'll get a completion certificate within 8 weeks of completion of the building work as long as it complies.
- Building notice - This type of application is only for smaller projects. You can start work 2 days after your notice has been submitted. You don't get formal approval like you do with full plans.
- Regularisation - You can apply for 'regularisation' - retrospective approval for work already carried out without consent
- Download our Building Control application fees to understand how much it will cost
Building control plans and maps
Most building control applications for the erection or extension of a building require a location plan or a site plan (also known as a block plan), to be submitted as a supporting document. You can buy your plan from ReQuestaPlan, the preferred mapping partner of the Planning Portal (other plan purchase sites are available).