Welfare Reform Team

We help people experiencing changes to their benefits or struggling to sustain their tenancy to find work, access training and get other support they may need to improve their situation for the long term.

If you are struggling to pay your rent and bills, feel like it is difficult to find a job or to get back into work, or are just a bit confused about what your options are now that your benefits have changed, then we can:

  • offer dedicated, flexible and one-to-one personal support to get you into (or back into) work and ease the pressure you may currently experience paying your rent
  • help you pay your rent with discretionary housing payments (DHPs)
  • help you find housing that fits your needs through downsizing or mutual exchange
  • offer advice and support, including guidance from other advice agencies in the city
  • give you advice and support with managing your Universal Credit claim

If you think you might be affected by benefit changes or are struggling to afford your tenancy, we'd be happy to hear from you.. You can find all our contact information at the bottom of this page.

If you are a council tenant and struggling to manage your tenancy, you can also get in touch with our Tenancy Sustainment team.

Our service to you

Our customer service standards set out what you can expect from us when you ask us for help. You can see our customer service standards by clicking the link below.

Welfare Reform Team Customer Service Standards