If you are having difficulty paying your rent or mortgage, contact your landlord or mortgage company as soon as possible to discuss your options.

Private-rented homes

Oxford City Council can offer support and advice to private-rented tenants, including how to report poor conditions and what to do if your landlord threatens to evict you.

Council homes

If you live in one of Oxford City Council’s homes, there is a wide range of support available to you.

Connection Support

A regional housing support service to help people avoid eviction, and housing-linked issues including domestic abuse, benefits and finding work.


If you are a homeowner on benefits, you may be eligible for the government’s mortgage payment support and advice.  


If you are at risk of eviction, losing your home or homelessness, contact Oxford City Council urgently for support and advice.  

Council Tax bill  

If you are struggling to pay your council tax please get in touch with us, you may be entitled to a council tax discount.

Rate this page