Students must provide proof of their student status on the Student Council Tax exemption page to qualify for council tax exemptions.

If you're a landlord responsible for Council Tax, you can apply for an exemption or discount by reporting the names and move-in dates of all students in your property via our landlord's page.

Landlords should also request a Student Certificate from each student, which their college or university provides.

It's crucial for students and landlords to inform us promptly when students move into a property to ensure they don't miss out on any exemptions or discounts.

Rate this page