Oxford City Council is calling for event submissions from organisers who would like to host a large-scale event at South Park in 2020.
South Park, which is managed by the City Council, can host large scale events of 500+ people each year in beautiful parkland with views across the city, close to the city centre, residential and student areas.
This year, South Park has hosted the Foodies Festival, Cancer Research UK’s Pretty Muddy and will host Oxford Round Table’s Fireworks display. In previous years the park has hosted popular music festivals.
Applications should include:
- Detailed information about the planned event
- Proposed dates
- Predicted attendance
- Activities on offer
- How it can promote Oxford’s communities, while protecting the site’s archaeologically-significant ridges and furrows.
Oxford City Council welcomes events which:
- Are environmentally friendly
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and eating
- Promote equality and celebrate diversity, while developing understanding between communities.
“We enjoy seeing all kinds of fantastic festivals, shows and events every year in South Park, set against the iconic backdrop of Oxford’s spires. Year on year we welcome new ideas and visions for large-scale events, which will bring together and celebrate Oxford’s diverse communities. We look forward to receiving your submissions!”
Councillor Mary Clarkson, Cabinet Member for Culture and City Centre