Oxford Residents' Panel - Terms of Membership
Introduction and purpose of the Oxford Residents’ Panel
Oxford City Council (‘OCC’) whose address is Town Hall, St Aldate's, Oxford, OX1 1BX, and their appointed research agency Beehive Research Limited (‘Beehive’) are working to create an online research panel (the ‘Panel’) of Oxford City residents. The Panel, to be called the Oxford Residents’ Panel, will be a representative group of Oxford City residents who will be asked to provide their views and opinions on various subjects. The feedback provided through these research studies will feed into the wider plans within Oxford City Council.
This page (together with any other pages or documents referred to in it) detail the terms and conditions of membership (‘Terms of Membership’) of being a registered participant of the Panel (a ‘Participant’).
Please read these Terms of Membership together with our privacy notice carefully before you register on the Panel. By joining the Panel you, as a Participant, are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of membership.
They are a legal agreement between you and us and can only be amended with our written agreement.
If you do not agree to these Terms of Membership, please do not join the Panel.
Role of Panel members
The panel will be an opportunity for Participants to
- have their voices heard at senior level within Oxford City Council
- work in partnership with Beehive and Oxford City Council to provide feedback and opinion on current and future issues that will impact how Oxford City Council provides services to residents
- register their interest in taking part in research studies over the time of their membership
The Panel is an online panel for residents of Oxford City. Participants will be invited to take part in online surveys and other research activities from time-to-time. To become a Participant of the Panel, you will need to complete the following registration process:
- Ensure you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of membership and our privacy notice.
- Complete the initial registration profile survey
- After completing the survey you will be automatically sent an email to the address you have stated as your preferred email, and will need to click on an activation link to complete your account
- Until you have clicked the activation link you will not be considered a Participant of the Panel
- You must complete your account registration within 2 (two) weeks of the initial email invitation in order to be considered eligible
- Once you have been accepted as a full Participant you will receive an email confirmation from us
Privacy and Confidentiality
With respect to your privacy, Beehive and OCC will process (collect, store and use) all information you provide (personal or other) for the purposes of research and analysis, and in a manner compatible with UK GDPR and other relevant data protection legislation that is relevant at the time. As such:
- We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and will only keep your information for as long as you remain a valid Participant of the Panel.
- Your personal information will be used:
- to invite you to take part in research projects
- to administer the Panel and to deliver relevant research surveys to you
- to segment and analyse your surveys responses
- to answer questions you may have as a member of the Panel
- to confirm you are a genuine resident of Oxford City, thus an eligible member of the Panel
- to answer any data subject requests
- whenever applicable, to administer any prize draws
- for general communication with you relating to the Panel, such as a newsletter
- Your personal information will:
- NOT be used for advertising, marketing or other solicitations not related to the purpose of conducting market research
- NOT be published in public documents without specific written consent
- NOT be passed to any third-parties for their own promotional purposes
- Your personal information is securely stored on servers in the UK and security measures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us
- The answers you provide to surveys remain anonymous unless you specifically give your consent to the contrary and are only analysed along with all the other respondent answers. This information may be aggregated at regional or other levels for the building of statistical and analytical tables
- Unsubscribing from the Panel. If you change your mind and you no longer wish to be a member of the Panel, there are several ways to unsubscribe:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you used to register to the Panel with and include ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line
- send a letter to The Consultation Officer, Oxford City Council, Town Hall, St. Aldates Street, Oxford, OX1 1BX , clearly stating that you wish to unsubscribe from the Panel including the email address you used to register to the Panel with. (Please note that this form of unsubscribe will be reliant upon postal services and may take up to 28 days from the point of receipt)
- use the unsubscribe link in the survey invitation, if provided
Please note that when unsubscribing from the Panel you are only unsubscribing to membership of the Panel.
- Only one Account is permitted per Participant. Participants found to have multiple Accounts may have their primary and/or secondary accounts suspended or terminated. Our decision on this shall be final. If you think that you may have created multiple accounts by mistake, please email email@example.com
- each Participant must use a unique email address
- for all responses you provide to surveys or any other research activity (the ‘Contributions’), you will retain the ownership rights in relation to these however you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to use the Contributions as we choose;
- each Account must only be used by the Participant and you agree that no other person will access your account and make any Contributions on your behalf;
- you will not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
- you are a resident within the defined postcodes under the control of Oxford City Council
- you are at least 16 years old
- all personal information provided to us in relation to your identity is accurate and complete and you will keep such data up-to-date during your participation
- any Contribution that you make will be truthful, accurate and complete
- Any Participant who does not complete any surveys or activities within a twelve month period may be classed as inactive and their account may be terminated
We reserve the right to:
- terminate your participation at any time without prior notice
- modify the Panel at any time without prior notice; and/or
- withdraw the Panel from use and terminate your rights under these Terms of Membership immediately at any time and for any reason
- amend these terms and conditions at any time but Participants will be notified of any such changes
Participating in research studies
- Research studies will predominantly be conducted online, however there may be occasions where Oxford City Council or Beehive may wish to engage with Panel members by telephone, face-to-face focus groups, or one-to-one interviews, or other similar research methodologies
- As with all forms of market and opinion research, your participation is always voluntary. Panel members have no obligation to take part in every study and may choose the ones they wish to take part in
- Members may at any stage of the interview, or after, ask that part or all of the record of your interview is destroyed or deleted. Wherever reasonable and practical we shall carry out such a request
- Any answers you give to any survey will remain confidential unless you specifically give your consent to the contrary. No personal information is collected during any survey without your prior knowledge and consent
Prize draw terms and conditions
Each Participant will be eligible to be entered into our quarterly prize draw, which will take place at the end of March, June, September, and December each year, subject to having completed at least one survey within the previous 12 months. The only exception to this, will be in the first year of participation, when everyone joining the Panel will automatically be eligible
The following conditions will apply. In case of a conflict arising with the prize draw rules specified within a survey, or the rules detailed in these Terms of Membership, the Terms of Membership will take precedence, where appropriate.
- Entry in to the prize draws will be free
- Only one entry per Participant is allowed
- The Prize Draw will be conducted by Beehive Research or OCC, and winners will be selected at random by computer from eligible entries received before the close date. The prize draw will take place on the last working day (or as close as possible) of the quarterly draw dates i.e., 31st March, 30th June, 30th September, and 31st December
- The prize draw will consist of one (1) £150 Amazon voucher for the first name drawn, and two (2) £50 Amazon vouchers for the second and third names drawn out
- An independent observer will be present at the time of each draw
- No responsibility will be accepted for any Participant whose membership is not valid at the time of the prize draw. No liability is accepted in the event that for any reason any entry is restricted due to systems or communication failure
- By taking part in a Prize Draw you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Prize Draw terms and conditions
- Winners of each Prize Draw will be notified within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date by email. In the event that any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize after all reasonable effort has been made, the prize for that winner will no longer be available to them and will be reallocated to another eligible entrant
- Prizes are non-transferable
- We reserve the right to:
- amend the details and terms and conditions of the Prize Draw at any time;
- provide alternative prizes to those detailed of an equal or greater value;
- to not provide cash alternatives
- The names of winners will be available sixty (60) days after the closing date of the relevant draw. Requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our decision in relation to each Prize Draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Conflict of interests
Participants should make a member of OCC or Beehive staff aware if they feel they are involved in anything which might either have an effect on the Panel purpose, or be seen as a conflict of interest. Areas that should be declared may include, a financial, business or commercial interest in any organisations that may benefit from any decisions made, or a personal relationship with anyone who may benefit from any decisions made.
The Panel and surveys will be managed by OCC and our appointed research agency, Beehive
- The courts of England will have jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, Participation of our Panel although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
You can contact us by:
e-mail at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org