We issue two types of driver licences:
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Licence (Dual)
- Private Hire Driver Licence.
All Drivers Licence are issued for a standard length of three years (maximum duration). Any shorter duration must be requested by an applicant and shall only be issued when the Licensing Authority considers it is appropriate due to the specific circumstances.
All licensed drivers that operate within Oxford City must be licensed under the terms of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 and the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
Full details of the current criteria, conditions, and regulations relating to Hackney Carriage and /or Private Hire Drivers, and the procedures and fees for applying for a new licence or to renew licence are contained within the Driver Application Terms and Conditions.
If you don’t have an Oxford City Council driver licence, apply for a new driver licence.
If you need to renew your Oxford City Council driver licence, apply for a driver licence renewal.
- New Hackney Carriage Driver Licence - £487.00
- Renewal of Hackney Carriage Driver Licence - £352.00
- New Privae Hire Driver Licence - £445.00
- Renewal of Privae Hire Driver Licence - £310.00
Other / Additional Driver Charges
- DVLA Disclosure - £7.00
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Report - £50.00
- Knowledge and Safeguarding Test / Retest (New Applicant) - £75.00
- Safeguarding and Disability Awareness Course - Oxfordshire County Council charge - £50.00
- Replacement Badge - £10.00
- Duplicate Licence - £5.00
- Returned Cheque Fee - £30.00