Making sure your vehicle is not a nuisance
When parking on council property, ensure you have a valid permit or risk getting a fine. Read how to apply for a council parking permit.
- Dispose of any unwanted vehicles safely so that they are not left to become a fire or health hazard. Report any abandoned vehicles
- Make sure your vehicle is taxed and parked properly only where you are allowed to park.
- Do not rev your engine unnecessarily.
- Do not block anyone else's vehicle or park in their space.
- Do not repair your vehicle in your garden, parking space, in the street or on the estate where you live.
- Make sure your car alarm works properly and that it does not go off accidentally.
- You must never park a motorbike, scooter or moped in the communal areas.