Organising a College Ball

If you are organising a college ball, you need to:

  • Check, with the bursar, the College's premises licence (under the Licensing Act 2003)
  • Provide proposals to the Council at least three months before the ball
  • Discuss details with the Council  (and others) at least one month before the ball


  • Licensing Authority to discuss licensing issues including Alcohol, Dancing and other entertainment, Late Night Refreshment or Gambling - 01865 252565
  • Food Safety to discuss Catering arrangements - 01865 249811
  • Environmental Protection to discuss Music and Noise - 01865 249811

Relevant Documents 

See the documents below for guidance on food and noise, including the form required to send details to the Council

Code of Practice for College Balls and Similar Events

Reporting Noise Problems

Use our online form to report any noise issues 

Report noise problems online