Apply for a Road Closure

Who Can Apply for a Temporary Road Closure?

Request to close roads for events come from the following sources:-

  • Individuals (for street parties): Requests from individuals are normally for small scale events relating to residential roads.
  • Oxfordshire County Council: These tend to be applications the County Council has received that it considers it doesn't have powers to progress.
  • Organisations: These requests are generally for larger events, for example the Cowley Road Carnival (although that is the largest such event for which we need to close roads).
  • Oxford City Council: We in effect apply to ourselves for the closure of roads for Remembrance Sunday, Christmas festivities, St Giles' Fair, etc.

A Road Closure request is normally associated with an Event. The event will need to be applied for through our Events Officer