- Give written notice that you are leaving, at least 28 days before you intend to move into your new home.
- You are responsible for organising and paying for the removal of belongings and furniture to your new home.
- It is your responsibility to contact utility suppliers such as the gas, electricity, water and telephone and inform them you will be liable for charges at your new home.
- Contact our Council Tax Section to advise them that you are moving in. Visit our Moving House page for more information.
- You should take out contents insurance on your new home.
- Notify our Electoral Registration Section. Visit our Registering to Vote page for full details.
- We recommend that you arrange to re-direct your mail. You need to fill in a form at the Post Office at least 7 days before you move.
Before you move in we will make sure of the following:
- Your Tenancy Management Officer will ensure that you are aware of the main points of your Tenancy Agreement before you sign it.
- Rubbish and personal property of previous tenants has been removed.
- Your home will be safe and secure.
- Your home will be refurbished to the Decent Homes Standard.
- We will let you know how much rent you have to pay, and any service charges you have to pay.
- Any furniture you have rented from the Council will be delivered to your new home.