You can search planning applications within the Oxford City boundary, have your say and follow their progress using the Public Access system.
You will need to include your full name and address in order for your comment to be registered. Without this information, your comments will be considered anonymous and your views cannot be taken into account. Only comments relating to 'material planning considerations' can be taken into account – see ‘what you can comment on’ below.
When a comment has been made on a planning application, it will be uploaded to the application and will be made publicly viewable.
A list of the applications submitted in the last week that require advertisement can be found on the Weekly List and Major Applications page. This list is updated every Tuesday.
By using the Public Access system you agree to the terms and conditions.
What you can comment on
Planning applications can only be decided on the basis of planning issues, including:
- the effect on neighbours' daylight, sunlight or privacy
- the impact of traffic, road access, highway safety, parking
- the appearance, bulk or height of the scheme
- the impact on amenity, such as noise generated by the proposal
- the potential loss of a valued local service or use, such as a shop
- the effect on wildlife, listed buildings, trees etc.
Planning officers cannot consider issues such as:
- the effect on property values
- private issues between neighbours such as land covenants, land and boundary disputes
- competition between rival businesses
- party wall disputes and fire escape matters
- the fact that a development will require a period of construction
- loss of a private view.
Track an application
You can track the progress of a current planning application up to the stage of its decision. You can track as many applications as you like.
Simply register, search for the address/reference. Each application page has a 'Track' button. Select the button to stay informed when the status of an application is updated.
You can also sign up to receive a reminder email about the weekly planning list.