Noise Control Advice - Car Alarms

We can deal with a misfiring car alarm in the street that is causing a noise nuisance

We will make reasonable attempts to find the person responsible for the vehicle, including making enquiries with the Police. While enquiries are being made, we will fix a notice to the vehicle and, if the responsible person cannot be found within one hour, we can authorise works to resolve the problem.This will mean, for example, entry to the vehicle to silence the alarm, or if this is not possible, the removal of the vehicle to a secure location.

If we resolve the problem, the keeper of the vehicle will be responsible for all expenses we reasonably incur in carrying out the works. These can be several hundred pounds.

A person who removes or interferes with a notice fixed to a vehicle will be guilty of an offence unless he/she is, or does so with the authority of the person responsible for the vehicle. 

Report Noise Problems Online