Use our map below to search for the presence of tree preservation orders (TPO) or Conservation Areas (CA) in Oxford. Please read the instructions at the end of the page for help on using the map.
Tree preservation advice
If you are considering works to a tree which you feel is not protected, or are unable to interpret the map, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All trees with a trunk/stem diameter greater than 75mm as measured at 1.5 metres from ground level are protected within a Conservation Area.
Works to a protected tree without permission can result in a fine of up to £20,000 in magistrates' court, or an unlimited fine if it reaches crown court.
For more information please read our Tree Preservation Orders page.
Using the map
To use the map, follow these instructions:
- enter property address into search box located at the top of the map - use the search icon on the screen, or hit return on keyboard
- in the search results box, navigate to the correct property address and select it
- use the ‘zoom to’ icon if needed
- on the screen select any map features (refer to legend) shown in the map at the property
- details of the map features will be shown in a pop-up information box
Tree Preservation Orders
To obtain a copy of a TPO document contact email@example.com quoting the TPO reference number (refer to pop-up information box on map).
For more information about trees with Tree Preservation Orders refer to our TPO page.
For more information about a conservation area see our Conservation Areas pages.
For more information about trees within conservation areas see our Trees in conservation areas page.