Oxford City Council is calling for event submissions from organisers who would like to host a large-scale event at South Park in 2019.
South Park, which is managed by the City Council, can host up to four large scale events of 500+ people each year, as granted by the deed of covenant.
This year South Park has already hosted Common People music festival, and will be hosting the Foodies Festival, Cancer Research UK’s Pretty Muddy and Oxford Round Table’s Fireworks display.
Applications should include:
- Detailed information about the planned event
- Proposed dates
- Predicted attendance
- Activities on offer
- How it can promote Oxford’s communities, while protecting the site’s archaeologically-significant ridges and furrows.
Oxford City Council welcomes events which:
- Are environmentally friendly
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and eating
- Promote equality and celebrate diversity, while developing understanding between communities.
Councillor Mary Clarkson, Board Member for Culture and City Centre said: “Each and every year, we welcome new visions for large-scale events at South Park.
South Park is a wonderful venue for spectacular festivals and events in the city and we are looking forward to receiving applications for events which will help create long lasting personal and collective memories for Oxford’s diverse communities."
Please email [email protected] to receive more information and an application form which must be submitted no later than 9.00am on Monday 10 September 2018.