Rose Hill Community Centre will be celebrating its second anniversary on Tuesday 30 January 2018.
For this special occasion the centre will be throwing a party for the local community, tenants and users from 4.30pm to 6.30pm in the Bill Buckingham Ballroom. There will be food and drinks, including a birthday cake, and games.
There is plenty to celebrate. Over the past two years the community centre:
- has seen over 173,000 visitors
- has seen over 1,100 gym inductions and four new group exercise classes
- has welcomed five tenants, with another joining in the near future
- has booked 37.5 hours per week of health activities
- has been awarded ‘New-Build' joint award at the 2016 Oxford Preservation Trust Awards, was a regional finalist of the 2017 Civic Trust Awards and was shortlisted for the prestigious RICS Awards 2017.
Councillor Dee Sinclair, Board Member for Culture and Communities, said: “Rose Hill Community Centre is one of the examples of Oxford City Council’s efforts to build stronger communities through providing improved community facilities.
“Our flagship community centre is a fantastic hub for residents and venue for our tenants supplying a service to the local community. I am really looking forward to seeing how we can develop in the next few years and involve more people to take part in the exciting activities taking place at Rose Hill Community Centre.”
For more information on the sessions and activities happening at Rose Hill Community Centre, visit the Rose Hill Community Centre website, Rose Hill Community Centre Facebook page, or ring 01865 749597.