Oxford residents can get their dogs and cats micro-chipped and neutered for free this weekend.
The snip and chip event will take place at Jubilee 77 Community Centre, Sorrel Road, Blackbird Leys, between 10.30am and 4.30pm on Saturday 10 October 2015.
Services available include:
- Pet care and health advice
- Free cat and dog neutering
- Free engraved dog collar tags
- Free cat and dog micro-chipping
The event has been organised by CLAWS (Combined Local Animal Wellbeing Scheme), which is supported by Oxford City Council, the RSPCA, Blue Cross, Cats Protection and Catalyst Housing.
The Government has brought in legislation that means all dogs must be micro-chipped by April 2016. Owners of dogs without micro-chips could face a £500 fine.
- More articles in the news archive
- Oxford City Council news RSS feed