Oxford City Council is inviting children and adults to design a logo to mark the 70th anniversary of the Oxford-Bonn twinning link, culminating during this year’s Bonn Week celebrations (25-28 May).
Prizes will be given to the winner of each of the categories below:
- Primary School age entry
- Secondary School age entry
- Adults/general public entry
- Overall winner.
Board Member for Culture and Communities, Councillor Christine Simm, said: “Every four years, Bonn Week is celebrated in one of its twin link cities. Oxford has the great pleasure and honour of hosting Bonn Week 2017 in the same year that we are to celebrate 70 years of Bonn-Oxford linkage. This is a great milestone and it’s only right that we should have a logo to remember it by.”
The overall winners’ design will be used on marketing material for Bonn Week and future twinning events and, therefore, should represent the two cities, their rich culture and strong twinning links.
The design must:
- make reference to the 70 years of Oxford-Bonn twinning links
- be usable for a variety of events (e.g. music, educational, family, dance, sport)
- make reference to old Bonn-Oxford logo
- be landscape or square
- be JPEG format
- be appropriate for use on posters, leaflets, brochures, and other marketing material (e.g. t-shirts, mugs, and bags).
The competition will run from 13 January to 13 February 2017. All entries must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the entrant’s name, age, email and their school’s name (if applicable).