Leys Pools and Leisure Centre will be inviting families to enjoy a free open day on Saturday (9/7).
The centre will be offering a range of free sessions and activities highlighting the family-friendly facilities, including pool inflatable sessions, family classes and soft play.
The full programme is as follows:
- 9am to 11am: Bouncy castle
- 10am to 2pm: Soft play (under 5’s)
- 12.30pm to 1pm: Family fun bootcamp
- 1pm to 1.30pm: Family zumba
- 1pm to 1.30pm: Parent and child fitness challenge
- 2.30pm to 3.15pm: Junior football session (6-10 years)
- 3.15pm to 4pm: Junior football session (11-14 years)
- 3pm to 4pm: Family pool inflatable fun
For the grown-ups there will also be some special free classes:
- 9am: Body Pump (Les Mills launch)
- 10am: Body Combat (Les Mills launch)
- 10am: Body Balance (Les Mills launch)
- 11am: Fight Klub
- 12pm: Fight Klub bootcamp taster
Mike Harrison, General Manager of the centre, said: “We hope to encourage families to come along and try some of the great facilities here at Leys Pools and Leisure Centre.
“Keeping fit and active as a family is something that instils good habits for a healthy lifestyle and show that keeping fit can be fun”
Councillor Linda Smith, Oxford City Council Executive Board Member for Leisure, Parks and Sport, said: "The family open day is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who has not yet visited the Leys Pools and Leisure Centre to have a look around and find out more about the activities on offer there.
“There will be fun for kids going on throughout the day, including bouncy castles, soft play and inflatables in the pool. And it's all free of charge, so come along for a great family day out.”
The event is free for everyone and people can pre-register by visiting: www.fusion-lifestyle.com/leys-openday.