Help with food costs
Free and low-cost food services
There are many free and low-cost food services in Oxford, including:
- Community fridges provide free food for all. No referral or eligibility needed
- Community larders provide weekly groceries for a small membership fee. No referral needed
- Community support groups provide free or low cost food parcels without a referral
- Food banks provide emergency food parcels. They normally need an advice centre referral.
Visit our Free and Low Cost Food page for details.
Free school meals
If you are on a low income, your children may be entitled to free school meals. Visit the Free School Meals pages on the Oxfordshire County Council website.
Healthy Start Vouchers
If you’re pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be eligible for the Healthy Start scheme. This scheme can help you buy basic foods like milk, fruit and vegetables.
How to apply:
- Fill in the form online, from the Healthy Start website, then print it off to check and sign
- Ask your midwife or health visitor for a form
- Call the Healthy Start helpline (0300 330 7010) to ask for a form to be sent by post.