We can respond to complaints of odours and smells which cause nuisance to a person in their home.
For an odour or smell to be classed as a statutory nuisance it must seriously affect an individual's use or enjoyment of their property. It must be more than instantaneous and be a frequent problem.
We are unable to take action on short-lived smells, or infrequent smells, or where an individual's use or enjoyment of their property is not affected.
We can respond to smells arising from trade, industrial or agricultural activities. This includes restaurants or takeaways, and chemicals from trade or industrial processes.
For gas smells please call the National Gas Emergency Number - 0800 111 999.
We can respond to the following smells:
- Domestic fires involving non-smokeless fuels
- Agricultural waste or domestic refuse on private land
- Smells associated with animal waste from pets
- Dirty or verminous premises, including pests or rotting food and waste
We cannot respond to these smells:
- Odours from domestic cooking
- Blocked or defective drains and sewers
Report problems to us
Report smells and odours using our air pollution online form: