Housing advice for people leaving the armed forces

If you are now in or planning to leave the armed forces, we have produced a fact sheet which gives you some basic information about your housing options in Oxford.

Armed Forces Housing Options Guidance

These options include help to buy your own home, renting from a private landlord, and applying for council or housing association housing through our housing register.

We may be able to help you find housing if you are threatened with homelessness.

You can get more detailed information about your individual housing options in Oxford by following links from our Finding a Home page.

You can also find information about housing options for people in or leaving the armed forces on the Shelter website and Citizens Advice website.

You may also be able to get help and advice about your housing options from the Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO).

Contact details for JSHAO:

Floor 2, Zone 2
Montgomery House
Queens Avenue
GU11 2JN

Email: rc-aws-jshao-0mailbox@mod.uk

JSHAO telephone advice line: 01252 787574

See also the GOV.UK website.

If you would like to discuss your housing options with us, please contact us.