Report a drainage problem at a neighbour's rented property

  • Drains within the boundary of the property are usually classed as a private drain and the responsibility of the property owner.
  • Drains that serve more than one property are defined as a public sewer and are the responsibility of Thames Water. You can contact them via the Thames Water website or telephone 0800 316 9800
  • The responsibility of drains on public roads within Oxford are split between Oxford City Council (01865 249811) and Oxfordshire County Council (08453 101 111).

Private tenants should report any problems with private drains to their landlord or letting agent as soon as possible.