We provide an independent assessment of the accommodation to meet the requirements of the UK Border Agency:
"Obtain an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation. A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations."
The form and details of how to apply for us to carry out an assessment are outlined below. Please contact the Private Sector Safety team, Environmental Health, if you require further information.
- The fee for 2018-2019 is £360.
- The application form must be completed and certificates submitted along with the fee before an inspection will be made.
- We aim to inspect within 5 working days from the date of payment clearance.
- The fee must be paid before the inspection can take place and is not refundable if the property is not satisfactory.
- Any re inspection fee is charged at the full rate.
Complete our application form.