Training you need to attend
As Landlords and Agents of privately rented accommodation you must ensure you manage your properties in a business-like manner and have knowledge of the requirements of private renting and the relevant legislation. You are required to attend a one-day training course within three to six months of becoming accredited or it may be revoked.
We have put together a training course involving workshops delivering a comprehensive understanding of the legislation and technical aspects of managing a property. The workshops are free and will be run for a maximum of 15 delegates at the Town Hall.
Our courses are tailored to suit all abilities including those with learning difficulties and candidates who do not have English as their first language.
We can make provision for disabled candidates and those with a variety of special needs.
What the training includes
- Management Regulations - An overview of the requirements of landlord's statutory requirements under the Management of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006
- The Housing Health & Safety Rating System, (HHSRS) - An introduction and overview of the HHSRS and the 29 associated hazards; emphasis will be placed on the more often encountered deficiencies. Understanding the concept of Categories and how to mitigate Category 1 hazards in accordance with the requirements of the HHSRS Operating Guidance.
- HMO Licensing - The requirements of the HMO licensing scheme, applications, documentation etc.
- Tenancy Relations - An introduction to the legal requirements of assured short hold tenancy agreements and the requirements for possession etc.
Next training course
- TBC - In line with current government guidance related to the coronavirus outbreak, we are not currently running our landlord accreditation training courses. We will update this page with revised dates and further information as the situation develops.
You must contact our Accreditation Officer using the details below to book onto a training session.
Please note that due to the venue size, we will be accepting attendees on a first come, first served basis.