Domestic abuse is classed as 'Any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults, who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality'
Abusive behaviours include:
- Psychological: isolation from family and friends, intimidation, degradation, harassment
- Physical: pushing, slapping, hitting, punching, biting, strangling, murder
- Sexual: indecent assault, rape, unwanted sexual activity
- Financial: keeping all the money, not allowing their partner to earn their own money, making their partner beg
- Emotional: name calling, bullying, threats, constant criticism, blaming
We have developed a directory of services for domestic abuse. Visit the Oxfordshire's Reducing the Risk website for more information on domestic abuse and contact details for organisations that can help.
Visit the Report domestic abuse page of the GOV.UK website for more advice on this subject.