Organisations that can help
Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Service offer support to victims (female and male), family and friends. You can contact them on 0800 731 0055.
Visit the A2Dominion website for more infromation about domestic aduse support services in Oxfordshire.
What is domestic abuse
Domestic abuse is classed as 'Any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults, who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality'
Abusive behaviours include:
- Psychological: isolation from family and friends, intimidation, degradation, harassment
- Physical: pushing, slapping, hitting, punching, biting, strangling, murder
- Sexual: indecent assault, rape, unwanted sexual activity
- Financial: keeping all the money, not allowing their partner to earn their own money, making their partner beg
- Emotional: name calling, bullying, threats, constant criticism, blaming
Reporting domestic abuse
Visit the Report domestic abuse page of the GOV.UK website for more advice on this subject.