Dumped rubbish left on the highway, public or private land can be a danger to the public and need to be removed quickly.
Flytipped items may include furniture, fridges, freezers, cookers, builders rubble, carpeting, shopping trolleys and any other items of refuse. They may also include chemicals or other polluting materials which are potentially harmful to our environment and waterways.
What action we will take
Once reported the Streetscene team will action within 5 working days.
If you see someone flytipping
We enforce the law on fly tipping on public land but to enable us to do this we need proof showing that the dumped items belong to the person that has put them there.
If you have witnessed someone dumping items, you can report it to us. When reporting an incident of fly tipping you should:
- record the time, date and place you observed the incident
- record descriptions of any individuals and vehicles involved including number plates, vehicle colour and type etc.
- record a description of the waste and hazard
- keep the notes you have made in case you need them for future reference
- When doing this:
- do not touch the waste, as there may be hidden dangers
- try and stay upwind of the waste in case of fumes
- do not approach the fly tippers. What they are doing is illegal and their behaviour may be unpredictable.
Flytipping on private property
We offer a flytipping removal service. Visit our Oxford Direct Services website for more information and to get a quote.