Abandoned vehicles can be an eyesore and a risk to public health when vandalised. We are responsible for their removal.
A vehicle should be reported if:
- It has been parked in the same place for a long period of time.
- It in a dangerous condition due to broken glass, fire damage or sharp edges
What we need to know
To report an abandoned or dangerous vehicle we will need the following information:
- the location of the vehicle
- the make and colour of the vehicle
- the registration number of the vehicle
- vehicle tax status - check if a vehicle is taxed on the GOV.UK website
- approximately how long has it been there
- is there any damage that may cause a risk to public health
What action we will take
We will visit and inspect the vehicle within 1 day of your report. We will photograph the vehicle when we inspect it for evidence. We will post notification and arrange for the vehicle's removal if no owner comes forward. This process can take at least 10 working days.