We offer a paid service to prospective house buyers and other interested parties to supply site-specific information related to land contamination in Oxford. In particular, to determine whether the property may be affected by land contamination on or near to the site.
Please Note: this service is for environmental information only. We are unable to issue Environmental Certificates or guarantees about particular sites within the district in relation to contaminated land.
What you will receive
A standard enquiry will include the following information, provided we hold this information at the time of your request
- Whether the site has been identified for inspection or further review under our Contaminated Land Strategy. If so, information regarding the priority status/risk ranking of the site and the likely timescale for any further scrutiny of the site will be included.
- A summary of previous land uses on the site, where information is available.
- Details of any pre-licensed, unlicensed, closed or active landfill sites within a 250 metre radius of the site.
- Details of any other potential contamination issues on the site or in the near vicinity.
- Details of any previous site investigations.
- Details of any previous remediation work on the site.
- Details of any LAAPC/LAPPC authorisations licensed to the site or to adjoining properties.
For questions relating to other environmental issues, such as noise, odour or dust please see our report an Environmental problem page.
What it costs
A standard enquiry costs £75.
Further questions can be included but these will be at an additional fee of £23 per question.
How to make a request
Email your request to [email protected], including the site address and a basic map of the area of interest. Please include a brief statement requesting any specific/additional information required.
Your request will be processed within 10 working days of receipt of the fee.
How to pay
We will contact you to agree the fee for your enquiry. Once the appropriate fee is agreed, please make your cheque payable to 'Oxford City Council' and return to the address shown below, marking it for the attention of the Environmental Quality Team.
A receipt for the fee will be sent with your response.