Audit of Accounts 2018/2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, sections 26, 27, 32, 43(2) and 46
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 Regulations 9, 14 15 & 21
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Ernst & Young, the local address of which is Ernst & Young LLP, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1YE. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:-
- Any person may make an appointment to inspect the accounts of the Council for the year ended 31st March 2019 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records) at the address given at the end of this notice From Monday 3rd June 2019 to Friday 12th July 2019 between 9.30am and 4.30pm. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
This does not entitle a person to:
- inspect or copy any part of any record or document containing information which is protected on the grounds of commercial confidentiality,
- inspect or copy any part of any record or document containing personal information, or
- require any such information to be disclosed in answer to any question
- During the period stated above, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or her / his representative, may make an appointment to ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the address given above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- From 9.30am on Monday 3rd June 2019 until 4.30pm on Friday 12th July 2019, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or her/his representative, may object to the Council’s accounts on an matter in respect of which the auditor could make a public interest report or which is contrary to law (under Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014). Objections must be made in writing, giving details of the matter in question and the grounds on which it is being made, and sent to the auditor at the address given above and copied to the address given below.
The unaudited statement of accounts can also be found on the Council’s website from Friday 31 May 2019 (www.oxford.gov.uk). The statement of accounts as published may be subject to change.
Head of Financial Services
Oxford City Council
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01865 252039
Our most recent set of audited accounts cover the year ending 31 March 2018. You can download our accounts below:
Annual Governance Statement for the 2017/18 Financial Year
You can download the 2017/18 Annual Governance Statement using the link below:
Audit Results Report for the 2017/18 Financial Year
You can download the 2017/18 Audit Results Report using the link below: