What the grant is for and what it covers
The Household Support Grant provides emergency cost of living support and is provided by the UK Government to help vulnerable people with immediate and essential needs. This can include things like:
- accessing food
- household bills
- repairs to cooking or heating appliances
- other essential items
This grant scheme is open until all funds have been spent or 31 March 2024 – whichever is first.
What to do if you need support with essential items like food or household bills
- visit out Cost of living support pages
- find free and low cost food support services
- contact your local advice centre
- get advice on reducing bills, saving money and getting the best deals with Money Saving Expert's cost of living survival guide
- get help with prepayment energy meters
- get help with your water bill
How to apply
If you still need help, call us on 01865 249811.