Review a Discretionary Housing Payment decision

If you are unhappy with our decision you can ask us to look at your application again. This is called a review. 

You need to write to or email us asking for a review within one month of the date on our original decision letter.

Your application will be reviewed by a senior officer not involved in the original decision.

We aim to deal with review applications within five working days of receiving all the paperwork necessary to make a decision.

If you are still unhappy with our decision you can:

  • talk to an advice centre about whether you have any grounds to ask for a judicial review (for example, if you think our decision is irrational, unfair or illegal) 
  • make a formal complaint under the council's Complaints procedure