What happens if you don't pay your Council Tax

Difficulty Paying Your Council Tax

We want to help you to pay your Council Tax bill.

If you find that you are having difficulty paying your Council Tax, the first thing you should do is contact us. 

We may be able to rearrange your instalments to make them more manageable.

We can also advise you about whether you could be entitled to any reduction in your bill. To find out more visit our Benefits or Council Tax discounts pages.