Difficulty Paying Your Council Tax
We want to help you to pay your Council Tax bill.
If you find that you are having difficulty paying your Council Tax, the first thing you should do is contact us.
We may be able to rearrange your instalments to make them more manageable.
We can also advise you about whether you could be entitled to any reduction in your bill. To find out more visit our Benefits pages.
We recommends all customers experiencing financial hardship seek fee-free debt and money advice.
This type of advice is provided by organisations registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for this purpose. A list of some FCA registered providers and their contact details is below:
- Agnes Smith Advice Centre (FCA ref: 618705) - 01865 770206
- Barton Advice Centre / Oxfordshire Welfare Rights (FCA ref: 675533) - 01865 744165
- Citizen Advice Oxford (FCA ref: 617691) - 03444 111 444
- Rose Hill and Donnington Advice Centre (FCA ref: 624504) - 01865 438634
- Business Debtline (FCA ref: 618928) - 0800 197 6026
- National Debtline (FCA ref: 618928) - 0808 808 4000
There are many organisations that can give you advice and support with your debt issues. A list of providers and their contact details is below:
Calls to 0345 numbers cost the same as calls to landline 01 or 02 numbers, whether you are calling from a landline or a mobile. Call charges will vary, depending on your phone provider and your contract. If you are not sure of the cost, please ask your phone provider what their call charges are.
- Chinese Community & Advice Centre - 01865 204188
- Debt Advice Foundation - 0800 043 40 50
- Money Advice Service - 0300 500 5000
- Oxfordshire Mind - 01865 247788
- Payplan - 0800 280 2816 or 0207 760 8980
- Shelter - 0808 800 4444
- Step Change - 0800 138 1111