Summer Garden Scheme
If you're a tenant of Oxford City Council, our Summer Garden Scheme can help you maintain your garden. You can get up to one hour of gardening services each month. This includes lawn mowing, hedge pruning, and border trimming, carried out by two gardeners for 30 minutes.
We might visit smaller gardens less often, based on our assessment. Please note, the scheme doesn't cover excessively overgrown gardens. Also, during summer, there may be periods when we can't trim hedges due to laws protecting nesting birds.
To join, check if you meet the following criteria:
- being the tenant of the property
- receiving full or partial Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Cost Element
- receiving PIP, DLA, or AA (proof required)
- unable to physically manage your garden
- lacking physically capable household or family members in Oxfordshire to help
- not in the process of buying your Oxford City Council home
The scheme is now open to new applications but please note there is limited spaces available. Applications may go on a waiting list.
The closing date for new applications is Friday 15 March 2024. Applications received after this date will be put on a waiting list in date order of when the application was received.
Winter Clearance Scheme
Our Winter Clearance Scheme is designed to help Oxford City Council tenants with severely overgrown gardens. It's a one-off service for cutting back overgrowth and brambles, making your garden easier for you to manage afterwards.
Spaces are limited, so if you need assistance, please call us at 01865 249811 to register your interest.