The cost of living has recently increased significantly. The information on these pages directs you to advice and grants to help manage the impact of rising energy bills.

Private rented tenants, housing association tenants and homeowners

Better Housing Better Health

Better Housing Better Health (BHBH) is a single point of contact and holistic service for keeping warm and lowering your energy bills. It is funded by Oxfordshire County Council and the five Oxfordshire local authorities.

They can provide information on:

  • Grants including free/discounted insulation, boilers and draught proofing
  • Advice on switching, energy tariffs and much more to reduce your energy bills.

Visit the Better Housing Better Health website or call 0800 107 0044 (free).

Advice for retrofitting your home

Whether you are at the start of your retrofitting journey, or are looking for more information, find out more on our dedicated webpage.

Visit our Retrofitting pages for more advice and information.


Landlords need to be aware of the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards which apply to privately rented homes. Oxford City Council’s licensing team oversees this scheme.

Visit our Energy efficiency in private rented housing pages.

Landlords can also access advice and grants via Better Housing Better Health detailed above.

Oxford City Council housing tenants

If you are an Oxford City Council housing tenant, you can get free advice to help lower your energy bills.

Visit the Energy advice service for council housing tenants pages.

Other sources of help

Home Improvement Agency

Oxford City Council’s Home Improvement Agency (HIA) is dedicated to helping older, disabled and vulnerable residents within Oxford City to live safely and independently in their own home.

Visit the Home Improvement Agency pages.

Rate this page