Business Grants Funding Schemes 2020/21 - Coronavirus Response
The Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant Fund
In response to coronavirus, the government announced there would be support for small businesses, and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. This support took the form of two grant funding schemes, the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
Applications for these grants is now closed.
Applications closed at 11.59pm on Friday 28 August 2020.
How we will use your data
Your personal information will be used for a number of purposes. These include:
- exchanging the information with government bodies and fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details can be found on the CIFAS website;
- for the prevention or detection of crime;
- the protection of the Council’s property/ assets;
- the assessment or collection of a tax or duty or an imposition of a similar nature;
- the prevention or detection of Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates avoidance/evasion;
- utilising the information in risk assessment systems and data-matching initiatives;
- matching your data against internally held and external data which may include credit reference data.
Further information is available on the Oxford Information Service privacy page.
Any information you provide as part of this application may be used, in future by Oxford City Council and compared to information you provide us in relation to any other application for grants, subsidies, discounts or services. We will use this information to prevent and detect money laundering and criminal activity in line with the Anti Money Laundering Regulations
New fraudulent websites
New web pages have been set up to fraudulently collect personal information and bank details. Some of these site are very convincing but can be identified by poor spelling, links to other pages which do not work, and by their ".com" or ".co.uk" website addresses. Only use online forms on websites ending with ".gov.uk".
If you have any further questions about these grants please email us at [email protected] with the word "Grant" in the subject line and we will respond to you as soon as we can.