Business Grants Funding Schemes 2020/21 - Coronavirus Response
The Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant Fund
In response to the Coronavirus, Covid – 19, the Government announced there would be support for small businesses, and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. This support will take the form of two grant funding schemes, the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
The Small Business Grant Fund
A £10,000 grant will be paid by us to all businesses which are in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief in the Oxford City area.
The Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
A grant will be paid by us to all businesses which are in receipt of the Enhanced Retail Discount for 2020/21 and have a rateable value of up to £51,000, which are not covered by the Small Business Grant Fund.
For Retail, Hospitality and Leisure business properties which have a rateable value up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000 and Retail Leisure and Hospitality business properties with a rateable value of up to £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
Getting your payment
To apply for either of these grants, fill in the grants form below. We want to get this funding to qualifying businesses as quickly as possible. We will not be able to pay you by cheque. Please provide the basic information needed to ensure prompt payment of the grants by completing the grant payment form.
How we will use your data
Your personal information will be used for a number of purposes. These include:
- exchanging the information with government bodies and fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details can be found on the CIFAS website;
- for the prevention or detection of crime;
- the protection of the Council’s property/ assets;
- the assessment or collection of a tax or duty or an imposition of a similar nature;
- the prevention or detection of Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates avoidance/evasion;
- utilising the information in risk assessment systems and data-matching initiatives;
- matching your data against internally held and external data which may include credit reference data.
Further information is available on the Oxford Information Service privacy page.
Any information you provide as part of this application may be used, in future by Oxford City Council and compared to information you provide us in relation to any other application for grants, subsidies, discounts or services. We will use this information to prevent and detect money laundering and criminal activity in line with the Anti Money Laundering Regulations
New fraudulent websites
New web pages have been set up to fraudulently collect personal information and bank details. Some of these site are very convincing but can be identified by poor spelling, links to other pages which do not work, and by their ".com" or ".co.uk" url. Only use online forms on ".Gov.uk" ending websites.
Frequently Asked Qustions
The Government has priovided us with an iformation sheet and frequently asked questions list regarding these Business Grants.
If you have any further questions about these grants please email us at [email protected] with the word "Grant" in the subject line and we will respond to you as soon as we can.