Audit of Accounts 2019/2020
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, sections 26, 27, 32, 43(2) and 46
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 Regulations 9, 14 15 & 21
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Ernst & Young, the Appointed Auditor, the local address of which is Ernst & Young LLP, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1YE. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:-
1) Any person may contact the Council with a request to inspect the accounts of the Council for the year ended 31st March 2020 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records) by sending a request to the email addresses given at the end of this notice From Thursday 18th June 2020 to Wednesday 29th July 2020. They may also request copies of the accounts and documents.
This does not entitle a person to:
- inspect or copy any part of any record or document containing information which is protected on the grounds of commercial confidentiality,
- inspect or copy any part of any record or document containing personal information, or
- require any such information to be disclosed in answer to any question
2) During the period stated above, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or her / his representative, may make a request to ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the address given above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
3) From 9.30am on Thursday 18th June 2020 to Wednesday 29th July 2020, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or her/his representative, may object to the Council’s accounts on an matter in respect of which the auditor could make a public interest report or which is contrary to law (under Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014). Objections must be made in writing, giving details of the matter in question and the grounds on which it is being made, and sent to the auditor at the address given above and copied to the address given below.
The unaudited statement of accounts can also be found on the Council’s website from Thursday 18th June 2020 (www.oxford.gov.uk). The statement of accounts as published may be subject to change.
Email addresses to use to make requests to inspect the accounts and related documents:
Head of Financial Services
Oxford City Council
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01865 252039
The Appointed Auditor:
Ernst & Young LLP,
Our most recent set of audited accounts cover the year ending 31 March 2019. You can download our accounts below:
Annual Governance Statement for the 2018/19 Financial Year
You can download the 2018/19 Annual Governance Statement using the link below:
Audit Results Report for the 2018/19 Financial Year
You can download the 2018/19 Audit Results Report using the link below: