Anyone who intends to demolish a building that is not exempt must give us notice to by filling in and returning the form below:
The demolition work should only commence once:
- A section 81 notice has been served, which will set out the conditions for the demolition.
- The 6 week period has expired without any notification from us.
Buildings exempt from demolition control include:
- Buildings having an external size of less than 50mÂ³ (Note that this is less than the average double garage).
- A conservatory, shed or garage that forms an extension to a building.
- Buildings used solely as agricultural buildings.
- Work in occupied buildings where it is intended that it should continue to be occupied.
If the demolition relates to a listed building or is in a conservation area, please contact our Design, Heritage and Specialist services team on [email protected].
If any asbestos materials are found then the Health and Safety Executive should be contacted immediately to ensure safe removal and disposal.