Free swimming sessions
We offer free swimming sessions for all children and young people aged 16 and under, and who live in Oxford. These sessions vary throughout the week and to find out when they run, please refer to your local pool's swimming timetable (see links below). All swim sessions, apart from lane swimming, are included in this free offer.
- Barton Leisure Centre
- Ferry Leisure Centre
- Hinksey Outdoor Pool (April until September)
- Leys Pools and Leisure Centre
A free swim card is needed for these sessions. To get a card please speak to the reception staff at your local leisure centre (Barton, Ferry or Leys) and show proof of your age and address. Once signed up, you can use the card at any of the pools above and on any of the advertised public sessions.
You will need your email address or an email address for your parent or guardian to use the online booking system.
Free swimming lessons for 5 to 16 year olds
Our free swimming lessons are all booked up at the moment. We’re working on adding more sessions and recruiting more swimming teachers. Please check back monthly. If you or someone you know is interested in applying to be a swimming teacher, visit the Fusion Lifestyle careers page.
If you receive benefits and live within Oxford City you can apply for one term of free swimming lessons for your child or children at Barton, Ferry or Leys pools. You will be required to provide proof of eligibility (e.g. a screenshot of your Universal Credit account, or a letter about your benefits, which shows your name and address) after you apply.
How to apply
Apply in two easy steps:
- Complete our application form (will re-open when spaces are available)
- Email us with your eligibility proof (include child's name in subject line and note requirements below)
- Benefit entitlement, which shows your name and address (e.g. Universal Credit screenshot)
- Relationship to child (e.g. letter from school or birth certificate)
- We cannot accept applications via email, only the proof of entitlement
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for applications to be processed
- Don't send emails to check the status of your application, as this delays the process
For any general questions about swimming (including timetables) please contact the pools directly using the links above or call 0344 893 3222 to speak to your local leisure centre.
If you have any questions directly related to the free swimming lessons scheme please email us.