#WeAreOxford is a campaign to focus on the communities, opportunities and people that make Oxford a great city to call home.
The campaign is a response to the uncertainty that Brexit has caused for many in Oxford, and a recognition that sharing experiences is part of what makes for stronger, more positive communities.
With #WeAreOxford we are celebrating the things we have in common, or that bring us together, whatever our background.
We have launched a £35,000 grant fund for activities that bring people together, to build a future we all want to be part of in Oxford. The fund launched on 10 February 2020 and details for organisations wanting to take part are published on our grants pages.
We will be recognising Community Heroes, people who deserve acknowledgment for their efforts to create welcoming and positive neighbourhoods. These people will be nominated by our partners across Oxford for their outstanding contributions.
Be part of it
We want #WeAreOxford to be a way for everyone to celebrate what makes life in Oxford great, we’re kickstarting the conversation and providing some funding but we can’t do this without you.
There are plenty of ways to be part of #WeAreOxford, here are just a few things you can do:
- share what you love about Oxford on social media with #WeAreOxford
- tell us what you think about leisure, culture and community services in our short survey
- vote for your favourite photo of Oxford in our competition (details and voting from 9 March)
- join in community activities through your community centre or other groups
- take part in activities for young people
- find out about local volunteering
- enjoy Oxford’s cultural events
- use our arts and culture map to make the most of what Oxford has to offer
If you have questions or want to get in touch please email [email protected].