The Stronger Communities Steering Group
The purpose of the Stronger Communities Steering Group is to bring together key organisations that contribute towards the development of stronger communities through addressing inequality and poverty. For examples those agencies and groups who:
- Provide support to children, young people and families
- Provide support to older people and vulnerable adults
- Raise education attainment levels, increase access to training and access to employment
- Develop and deliver health improvement programmes
- Promote community engagement and public involvement in decisions that affect communities
The Stronger Communities Group has developed an OSP's Partnership and Engagement Framework,(agreed in 2013 and updated in 2016). This document is a database of contacts in various agencies and networks from which information can be cascaded. It is aimed at improving communication and providing opportunities for participation and engagement in the work of the sub groups of the partnership.