Steering Group Membership
The Steering Group is comprised of key local service providers, stakeholders and local representatives to provide strategic guidance and input to develop a vision for Oxford, identify key partnership priorities to meet that vision and to champion the development and implementation of action plans.
Core members are drawn from statutory services (Oxford City Council, Oxfordshire County Council, National Health Service, Thames Valley Police). Further members are invited representatives of key organisations and partnerships who have a significant contribution to make in delivering the vision for Oxford.
Each member of the Steering Group is responsible for representing their organisation and the other partnerships and networks of which they are members. They are also expected to take forward the work of the Oxford Strategic Partnership in their own organisations and other partnerships and networks.
- Jackie Wilderspin (Interim Chair)
Public Health Specialist, Public Health, Oxfordshire County Council
- Sharon Barrington
Programme Manager Planned Care, Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Brendan Casey
Registrar and Chief Operating Officer, Oxford Brookes University
- Brendan Hattam
General Manager of Westgate and Castle Quarter, Land Securities
- Cllr Ian Hudspeth
Leader, Oxfordshire County Council
- Frank Nigriello
Director of Corporate Affairs, Unipart Group
- Cllr Bob Price
Board Member at Oxford City Council and Member of the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Gordon Mitchell
Chief Executive, Oxford City Council
- Cllr John Tanner
Board Member, Cleaner, Greener Oxford, Climate Change and Transport, Oxford City Council
- Ian Green
Chairman, Oxford Civic Society
- Richard Venables
Director, VSL and Partners
The Steering Group may also co-opt other individuals from time to time to fill identified gaps. The Oxford Strategic Partnership will review Steering Group membership on an on-going basis, which may alter according to specific priorities. Any changes will be based on the principle that the group is focused on the agreed strategic intention rather than aiming for representation of particular groups or interests.
Frequency of meetings will be agreed by the group and is currently every two months. The Chair of the partnership will be elected from the members of the Steering Group and the position will be reviewed annually. The total number of members is to be agreed by the group.
Role of Steering Group Members
- To act as champions for the vision and each of the priority themes agreed by the Partnership;
- To provide senior level representation of their organisation on the Partnership and to ensure implementation of partnership priorities within their organization;
- To develop open and accountable partnership working with a city-wide perspective and link to county wide thematic partnerships and other groups;
- To have an inclusive outlook for all citizens, residents, and workers especially those experiencing inequalities of access or outcomes;
- To apply the principles of sustainability, and the need to balance environmental, social and economic concerns to achieve long-term improvements in quality of life;
- To represent and promote the wider interests of the city at a county, regional, national, and international level;
- To exert influence across a range of organisations and sectors to shape resource planning and deliver agreed outcomes in partnership with the community;
- To provide a co-ordinated route for channelling new funding and development opportunities into the city.
- Sebastian Johnson
Strategic Policy and Partnerships Manager, Oxford City Council