On Monday 4 December, the Lord Mayor of Oxford, in partnership with the Mayday Trust, will be hosting a charity screening of Poverty Inc. – a documentary inquiry into how the international development industry affects the developing countries it works in.
The film will be screened in Oxford Town Hall at 7pm and will be followed by a panel discussion with experts from the fields of social sciences and international development including:
- Baillie Aaron - Founder and CEO of Spark Inside
- Sabine Alkire - Director of Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative
- Sally Copley - Head of Policy, Programmes and Campaigns at Oxfam GB
- Pat MacArdle – CEO of Mayday Trust
- Fatima Najm - Founder of Creatives Against Poverty
- Maff Potts - Director at Camerados
Lord Mayor of Oxford, Councillor Jean Fooks said: “This documentary asks us to reconsider how best to help people out of poverty. I am very pleased that we will be joined by representatives from many charities including Mayday Trust and Oxfam to share their approaches to poverty and development.”
Tickets cost £10 plus booking fee, and all proceeds will go towards the Lord Mayor’s three chosen charities – Mayday Trust, Response Giving and Wolvercote Young Peoples Club.
Tickets can be purchased from povertyincoxford.eventbrite.co.uk.