Oxford residents are invited to recycle their real and naked Christmas tree (without lights and decorations).
Oxford residents can leave their real and naked Christmas tree (without lights and decorations) next to their blue bin, box or sacks on collection day between 27 December 2016 and 21 January 2017 and we will recycle them into compost.
Residents living in flats are asked to take their trees to one of the 12 collection points across the city instead.
There will be no changes to bin collection days over Christmas and New Year. Bins will be collected on the normal collection day (which includes the substitute bank holiday of Tuesday 27 December).
Residents can find out their collection day on our website at www.oxford.gov.uk/recycling, where they can also download the calendar and/or subscribe to text reminders.
We will not be taking bookings for bulky waste collections and bin deliveries/retrievals between 23 December 2016 and 8 January 2017. These services will resume on 9 January 2017.
Councillor John Tanner, Board Member for a Clean, Green Oxford, said: "Christmas is a time when we’re all guilty of buying too much and then throwing lots of it away in the New Year.
“We are reminding people to recycle their Christmas trees, leftovers, bottles and cans. Don’t forget that we’ll collect any extra recycling you have if you put it out next to your blue bin in a clear bag or cardboard box on collection day.
“Merry Christmas to everyone in Oxford and thanks for your great recycling efforts this year.”
Christmas tree collection points are open between 27 December 2016 and 14 January 2017.
The collection points are:
- Alexandra Tennis Courts, Middle Way, Summertown
- Leys Pools and Leisure Centre car park (formerly Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre)
- Bury Knowle Park, North Place car park
- Cutteslowe Park, Harbord Road car park
- Florence Park, Cowley
- Hinksey Park, off Abingdon Road
- Long Lane, Littlemore
- Margaret Road Recreation Ground
- Meadow Lane Recreation Ground, Jackdaw Lane
- Oatlands Recreation Ground, Ferry Hinksey Road (car park)
- South Park, Morrell Avenue
- Sunnymead Recreation Ground, by play area