Apply for a Test and Trace Support payment

We are experiencing high demand for these payments. Please read the reply email when you submit an application form as this informs you of evidence that you must submit to support your application form. Please supply this information at your earliest opportunity as this will reduce the time frame for making a decision based upon the information that is provided.

Do I qualify?

You can apply for a self-isolation payment if you are aged 16 or over and you:

  • live in Oxford
  • have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been identified by NHS Test and Trace as living in the same household as - or coming into contact with - someone who has tested positive
  • you are employed or self-employed, you are unable to work from home while self-isolating, and you have lost income from your employment as a result
  • have been told to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020 and you are legally obliged to do so

You will also need to be currently receiving one of the following benefits for the mandatory scheme:

  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit

You must agree to comply with the notification from NHS Test and Trace and self-isolate.

From 8 March 2021, parents/guardians of children who have been told to self-isolate by their childcare setting/ school will now also be able to make an application.  You have to;

  • Have received a letter from the school/childcare setting stating the child’s details confirming that they need to self-isolate due to coming into contact with a person who has tested positive.
  • Have parental responsibility within the same household.
  • Have to take time away from work in order to look after your child. We can only accept one application from families with two parents who fulfil these criteria.
  • You cannot work from home and will have a drop in wages for the 10 days self-isolation period.
  • Your child must be: Under 15, or under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan.

Applications made on or after 5 July will have the following criteria for the discretionary scheme:

  • Where benefit is not in place a gross earning income threshold of no more than £500 per week
  • Have less then £6,000 savings
  • Able to demonstrate that you have priority bills during this period.  Priority bills are for example a mortgage, rental payments for you home, utility bills, child maintenance for example.

Who is not eligible?

You will not be eligible for the scheme if you:

  • are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14 day quarantine period)
  • are not employed or self employed
  • continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
  • can work from home during a period of self-isolation
  • are no longer required to self-isolate
  • have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate.

Fraud and data exchange

As part of the application process, we may need to check any data you provide us against other information that we hold about you. We may also receive information from other parties or organisations, or share your data with them to check the accuracy of records and for data-matching initiatives. This includes NHS Test and Trace, the DWP and other government bodies. This will enable us to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways where the law allows. 

We may also contact other fraud prevention agencies who will use your information to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details can be found on the CIFAS website.

You may face prosecution if you have obtained payment by giving false information and be required to pay any money back. The government is supporting us to make checks to verify that payments have been made correctly.

We will also need to provide information to HMRC about any payments we make, as we understand that the payments are subject to tax and National Insurance contributions.

See our privacy notice for full details.

Apply for a Test and Trace payment

In order to complete the application, you will need to have your bank details and your employer’s name and address so that we can cross reference this if necessary.

Apply for a Test and Trace payment

More information

If you are struggling during self-isolation, please visit call us on 01865 249811 or complete the web form on our Community Assistance page.

You can also find other advice and support in our essential support directory.

Rate this page

Rate as Good Rate as Average Rate as Poor