The Council have responded to the Inspectors’ inital queries and comments. The Council’s responses are set out as follows:
The Inspectors will now review the responses received and are intending to write to the Council again in due course.
The latest documents can be found in the following folders:
- 020 EXM - Examination Documents
- 021 IC - Inspectors' Correspondence
- 006 COM - Statements of Common Ground and Duty to Cooperate (COM.9 & COM.10)
Planning Inspectors Jonathan Bore MRTPI and Nick Fagan BSc(Hons) DipTP MRTPI have been appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness of the Oxford City Local Plan (the Plan).
The Inspectors’ task is to consider the soundness of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 35 of the National Planning Policy Framework 2019 (the Framework). The relevant soundness criteria are whether the Plan is:
- Positively prepared (providing a strategy which, as a minimum, seeks to meet the area’s objectively assessed needs; and is informed by agreements with other authorities, so that unmet need from neighbouring areas is accommodated where it is practical to do so and is consistent with achieving sustainable development);
- Justified (an appropriate strategy, taking into account the reasonable alternatives, and based on proportionate evidence);
- Effective (deliverable over the plan period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic matters that have been dealt with rather than deferred, as evidenced by the statement of common ground); and
- Consistent with national policy (enabling the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework).
The Inspectors will take into account the representations submitted upon the Proposed Submission Plan as far as they relate to soundness considerations. A number of informal debates will take place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector. These are termed Hearing Sessions.
At the end of the Examination, the Inspectors will prepare a report to the City Council with precise recommendations, these recommendations may include modifications to the Plan, if such a request is made by the Council.
Guidance Notes will be prepared by the Inspectors to help people understand the process and will be available here in due course. Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination and as a liaison between the Inspectors, Council and Representors.
He is an independent Officer of the Examination and works on behalf of the Inspectors to organise and manage the administrative and procedural elements of the Examination process. All statements will also be submitted through him.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
Ian Kemp, PO BOX 241, Droitwich, WR9 1DW
Mobile: 0772 300 9166
Email: [email protected]
Mr Kemp will be contacting all Representors with details of the Examination process in due course.
Hearing Sessions Venue and Timetable
A Programme for the Hearing Sessions together with Venue details and matters to be discussed will appear here once finalised.
Evidence Base Documents
In preparing the Plan the Council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents that together form the 'Evidence Base' for the Examination.
Documents submitted during the course of the Examination can be accessed within section 20 of the Evidence Base Documents.