Many sports clubs, sporting activities and events rely on volunteers to make things happen. Voluntary roles can include helping with refreshments, publicity and organising events.
Some of the benefits of volunteering include:
- Giving you the chance to pass on your skills and experience
- Improving your confidence
- Giving you a chance to explore your interests
- Enhancing your CV
- Giving you the chance to try something new
- Meeting new likeminded people
To find the opportunities that suit you please visit the Volunteering pages on the Active Oxfordshire website.
Do you enjoy being outdoors and interacting with people? We are looking for some volunteers to join our team of Ping! Makers for this year’s Oxford Ping! Festival. Ping! in case you haven’t guessed is all about ping pong (table tennis) and we are looking for volunteers to fulfil the following tasks on an ad hoc basis at the outdoor tables across the city parks and green spaces between 22 May and 31 August 2017. We are very interested even if you can only offer an hour a week to keep an eye on your local table.
- Restock tables with bats and balls as needed - please check each table in your patch at least twice a week
- Complete monitoring forms
- Engage with community and promote Ping! on social media
- Report and defects or faults with tables
- Help at Ping! events wherever possible.
- Signpost residents to local tables and events.
- Distribute publicity materials in local areas
- Check out all things Ping! on the Ping! Oxford website
If you would love to be involved please contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Community Event Volunteer
Our Sport and Physical Activity Team attend a variety of weekend events across the city throughout the summer. We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic people of all ages (18+) to support the team in their goal to spread the word about the varied physical activities on offer across the city, provide fun have a go tasters of some activities and answer questions on what is available in different localities. If you enjoy meeting people and making a difference to the health and wellbeing of Oxford residents then please get in touch to find out more. Volunteers are very welcome to help out for a whole event (usually 6/7 hours) or just for a couple of hours. Some examples of the tasks involved are below:
- Promote sport and physical activity opportunities throughout the event
- Set up and pack down event stand
- Encourage attendees to complete participant registration cards and feedback cards
- Encourage attendees to try out activities available by taking part
- Ensure our ethos and values are maintained
- Encouraging attendees to visit our stand
If you are interested in volunteering please contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Become a Health Walk leader
Do you enjoy walking in the great outdoors? Share your passion with others and become a health walk leader. For more information please visit our Health Walks page.