- Recycling and rubbish are collected fortnightly on alternate weeks - Find your collection day.
- Food waste is collected every week on the same day as recycling or rubbish - More information about food waste recycling.
- Put your bins and sacks out before 7am on collection day.
- You can put your bins and sacks out any time after 6pm the night before collection day.
- Remove your empty bins from the pavement as soon as possible after collection.
- Put your bins and sacks at the edge of your property, clearly visible to the collection crews.
- If your road is particularly narrow, please put your bin out as close as possible to the boundary of your property.
- Do not leave bins or sacks on pavements between collections - this can cause obstructions to those with wheelchairs or pushchairs.
- Our collection crews should not have to walk onto your property or move any obstacles (including the opening of gates) to retrieve your bin.
To ensure that your recycling and rubbish is collected, please place bins out as shown in the pictures below:
If your road is particularly narrow, please put your bin out as close to your boundary as possible, as illustrated in the pictures below:
- All rubbish (non-recyclable waste) must be presented in an Oxford City Council green bin or lilac sack.
- All rubbish must be inside the green wheelie bin with the lid closed.
- Additional rubbish left outside the green wheelie bin will not be collected.
- Excess recycling that you cannot fit into your Oxford City Council blue bin will be collected only if presented neatly at the side of the blue bin in a clear sack.
- You can use plastic bags to line your food caddy - More information about recycling food.
- Properties with no frontage may be provided clear and lilac sacks instead of bins - More information about using sacks for recycling and rubbish.