Getting Your Bins Emptied
To ensure that your recycling and rubbish is collected, please take note of the following points:
- Bins and sacks should be presented before 7am on your collection day
- Bins and sacks should not be presented any earlier than 6pm on the evening before collection
- Bins and sacks should be presented at the edge of your property for collection, clearly visible to the collection crews
- Bins and sacks should be removed from the pavement as soon as possible after collection
- Bins and sacks should not be left on the pavement to cause an obstruction between collections
- All rubbish (non-recyclable waste) must be inside the green wheelie bin with the lid closed
- Additional rubbish left outside the green wheelie bin will not be collected
- Extra recycling will be collected if presented neatly at the side of the blue wheelie bin in a clear sack or a cardboard box
- Food in food caddies and red bins can be collected with plastic liners (e.g. supermarket carrier bags, sandwich bags, bread bags) newspaper/kitchen roll or in compostable liners.
Although properties with no frontage may be provided with blue and lilac sacks for recycling and rubbish, the above still applies. More information can be found on our sacks page.
To ensure that your recycling and rubbish is collected, please place bins out as shown in the pictures below:
If your road is particularly narrow, please put your bin out as close to your boundary as possible, as illustrated in the pictures below:
Bins on Pavements
Although many streets in Oxford have little or no room for wheelie bins they should not be stored on the pavement between collections.
If bins are stored on the pavement, you will be requested to remove them. If the bins are not removed, we may take formal legal action against you.
Help with Bin Collections
If you cannot physically manage to move your wheelie bins, please contact us, as you may qualify for help with collections.
Blind or partially sighted residents can also contact us to make arrangements for help with waste management.
A recycling officer will make a visit to you and your property to discuss your needs and arrange any necessary assistance.